Breast health is about maintaining healthy breast tissue. This is done in much the same way as maintain our overall health. Breast health includes eating live, whole foods, exercising, drinking plenty of water, consuming 5-9 servings of fruits & vegetables daily, thinking positively, and practicing positive beliefs that support a healthy lifestyle. In addition to these healthy habits, you can specifically promote breast health by using self lymphatic breast massage, and you can take a homeopathic liquid for lymphatic drainage. Together, these keep the lymph flowing and toxins circulating out of your system.
Lymphatic breast massage assists the lymph fluid of the breast to flow into the normal lymph circulation, which in turn moves accumulated toxins out of the tissue and into the kidneys, the bodys filtration system. Accumulated toxins contribute to abnormal cell growth (please refer to the blog entries in November 2010 and others under the category of Environmental Medicine), so it is important to aid in the circulation of the toxins out of the body.
Lymphatic Breast Massage:
- This can be done daily in the shower or bath.
- Massage your breasts in a specific way to support movement of the lymph fluid to keep it moving through the breasts, up into the armpit and chest lymph system.
When massaging your breast tissue… (see illustrations below courtesy of the Breast Health Project)
- Create Motion
- Use a pumping action to assist the flow of lymph:
- Move the breast in the initial direction, use some pressure.
- Then release and let the breast return to its normal position.
- On the move up, use pressure and then release to allow the breast to return.
- Finally, massage the underarms in a circular motion to move the lymph away from the breast (ex: under the left arm, the hand moves outward to the left; under the right arm, the hand moves outward to the right). This enhances the natural movement of the lymph system.