Diet is the food we eat. Nutrition is what happens after we eat it.
Good nutrition is vital for good health and wellbeing. Combined with physical activity, what you eat can help you to reduce your risk of chronic diseases (like heart disease and cancer), reach and maintain a healthy weight, and promote your overall health.
When the body has imbalances due to poor nutrition, it reacts by exhibiting illness, disease, emotional stress, physical discomfort, and symptoms. It is critical that the body get the vital nutrients it needs to function properly.
Would you like a complete picture of your nutritional status? How about an individualized plan for your nutritional needs?
There are two options (scroll down for details).
Both options include the completion of an online nutritional assessment called Nutri Q. This comprehensive personal assessment will analyze your current nutrition intake, symptoms you may be experiencing, and your nutritional needs. Each option then provides varying levels of personalization and support after the results of the Nutri Q assessment are shared, depending on your needs.
As a Registered Nurse and a Board Certified Holistic Nurse, Terri utilizes her medical expertise together with an intuitive holistic view of the body to provide an integrative approach to wellness. The results of your nutritional evaluation will show you how nutrient deficiencies or imbalances may be causing symptoms in your body. Working together, you will create a plan that teaches you how to listen to what your body needs, how to eat for your health, and how to monitor changes in your environment that may necessitate changes to your nutritional needs.
"The individual’s metabolism, environment, genetics, emotional health, and life stressors must be considered in evaluating nutritional needs and nutritional goals.”Holistic Nursing: A Handbook for Practice, 5th Edition
Option A: Online Nutri Q with 30 Minute Phone Nutrition Consultation
Complete an online nutritional assessment called Nutri Q. This is an online health assessment questionnaire that helps identify the vitamins and minerals that are best for your body. The questionnaire asks detailed questions about symptoms you may be having. These symptoms are analyzed to help identify an approach that may be taken to improve health. You will discuss your health history and an overview of the assessment results with Terri by phone that will last approximately 30 minutes.
- You can do this from the comfort of your own space.
- Terri can schedule this at a daytime that works for you and no travel is required.
- You will get a written report that shows the top five to six systems in your body that are of highest priority for addressing and it will only take 30 minutes to discuss these.
- Terri will make general recommendations for ways in which to address the high priority areas. This may include dietary changes, nutritional supplements, or lifestyle changes.
- You decide how to proceed from there. You can schedule a further appointment with Terri to expand on or modify the initial approaches taken, make some changes on your own and monitor the effects then retest with Terri to monitor your improvements, do research into specific areas of interest, or any combination of these.
- Fee is $95
Option B: In-Office Nutrition Evaluation
After completing the Nutri Q online nutritional assessment (see above) and filling out a health history form, you will meet with Terri in her office for an appointment that will last approximately two hours. This individualized service includes five components:
- Health History interview
- Nutri Q online nutritional assessment
- Nutritional Exam in the office
- Applied Kinesiology in the office
- Specific recommendations for treatment
- Terri will discuss the results of the online nutritional assessment with you, discuss how your health history may be affected by certain nutritional needs or imbalances, and perform an in-office exam that includes Applied Kinesiology (i.e. the testing of the polarity of the body and its reflexes) for imbalances.
- The in-office evaluation contains similar information to the phone consultation (Option 2), but is more detailed. Specifically, the health history report, nutritional assessment, and in-office exam guide Terri's development of a professional report of findings that can be used as a treatment for your priority health concerns. The end result is a plan of action you can use to make any necessary changes in your nutrition for optimum health benefits.
- Terri can schedule this at a daytime that works for you. You are not required to disrobe. Terri’s office has free parking and is handicap accessible.
- After discussing your nutritional status, Terri will recommend changes to your diet and/or the addition of dietary supplements. It may take several weeks to notice changes in symptoms. These changes can then be discussed at future appointments if desired.
- Fee is $150